Monday, August 17, 2009

Michael Vick Transforms From Turkey To Eagle

People may wonder why there are so many sports stories on my blog. Not that many people of course, because it is only my blog, and not from some celebrity. But sports is my passion and always has been. So many lessons for life can be learn on the sports field. Some good and some bad, bu many times if we wait long enough, even some of the bad ones have a happy ending.

This brings me to the rehabilitation and repatriation of the disgraced Michael Dwayne Vick former Atlanta Falcons quarterback and convicted criminal. He was signed the Philadelphia Eagles by coach Andy Reid amidst much soul-searching and public outcry, on both sides. Let me state from the beginning that what Michael Vick and his associates did to dogs was appalling, inhuman and cruel. I cannot imagine treating any living thing that way, so I am mystified why a man such as he could fall into such depravity.

But I do believe in redemption, in second chances. I have been given many in my life and I would be a total hypocrite not wanting another chance for someone else. The jury is out that Vick is sincere and has learned his lesson, that much is self-evident. However, everybody, in matters of trivia or significance will at some time ask for forgiveness. My God tells me I must do so, and frankly I want to.

So Michael, with some reservations about the depth of your character, play well for my beloved Eagles. Do Andy, Donovan, Tony, your teammates, your family and yourself proud. The others deserve it and you need it. Prove yourself as the man you could have always been. Redemption is truly sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment