Saturday, October 10, 2009

Obama won a Nobel Prize???

I am thunderstruck by this award. I would have never thought of Barack Obama as a worthy recipient beforehand, as there so many others I would have believed more deserving. I do not want to denigrate what he has accomplished, because he has changed some direction for the U.S. But not enough to win a Nobel Peace Prize in my mind. It's simply too early to tell. Fine if he completes his first term and accomplishes something meaningful. But he would have had to be nominated inside the first 90 days of his presidency and to base a prize of such prestige on less than 90 days in office is farcical. He may be worth the prize at a later date, but not now. To give President Obama his due, even he says he does not deserve the recognition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment