Sunday, February 21, 2010

Piano Men Rock Salt Lake

Last Friday night I had the pleasure of working the Elton John - Billy Joel Face to Face Tour concert at Energy Solutions Arena. While my music tastes have changed over the years for the harder side, Sir Elton and Billy put on a truly great show. I absolutely enjoyed it even though I was actually working at the time. They played for well over three hours and the parts where they performed together were awesome. It was especially poignant for me as I was supposed to attend an Elton John concert Western Springs Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand in 1986 but my father died the day before. So seeing him 24 years later was something that I had always wanted. It made me remember my Dad, whom I still miss very much all these years later. Good times. (Photo courtesy of the Salt Lake Tribune)

0 comments:

Post a Comment