Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Different continent, same cop, same ticket

Man caught speeding by same policeman at opposite ends of the globe. A man living in New Zealand has been caught speeding by the same policeman who booked him when he was living in England. The speeding driver was nabbed in London two years ago, then moved to New Zealand only to be caught by the same police officer for the same offence. The New Zealand Herald reports the unidentified man was caught speeding near Leithfield in New Zealand’s South Island in September by Constable Andy Flitton – but it wasn’t the first time the two had met under such circumstances. The former London policeman had booked the man two years earlier before migrating to New Zealand – only to repeat the process. The NZ Herald reports that Flitton was writing out the speeding ticket when the man started asking him questions. "He asked if I had worked in London, I said 'yes'. He asked if I used to operate the laser gun on the A5 in North London, I said 'yes'," Flitton was quoted as telling the newspaper. "And he said 'I thought it was you, you gave me my last speeding ticket there two years ago'." The speeding driver had apparently only been living in New Zealand for two weeks before he was booked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment