Thursday, January 12, 2012

It was very emotional yesterday watching the funeral of slain Ogden Police Department officer Jared Francom. I was amazed at the outpouring of community spirit and law enforcement camaraderie, which touched my heart. It was wonderful to see both so evident. My thoughts are with his widow and their young children for their tremendous loss. I wish them peace as they fight through this very difficult and heart-wrenching time. I also feel for my friends in the Ogden PD. The funeral also made me remember more vividly the service of my friend Myles Prebble who died while involved in a marijuana recovery operation when he fell from a helicopter and was killed from the fall. Law Enforcement is a difficult and sometimes unappreciated job, but so necessary in this nasty world we live in. So Jared, rest in peace, and in the knowledge your colleagues will not forget you, or any of our other fallen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment