Saturday, September 12, 2009

Serena Williams penalized on match point.

Serena Williams US Open came to an abrupt halt today after being penalized a full point for an outburst against a line umpire, reportedly laced with expletives. The biggest shock was that the deduction came on match point, with her opponent Kim Clijsters of Belgium already holding the upper hand. The surprising thing as not the loss so much, because Clijsters is a former world no. 1, but the invective from Serena.
I really have a lot of respect for the Williams sisters, they are supremely talented, hard working and generally very polite and thoroughly nice young ladies. I wish Serena a swift rebound from this setback, I am sure she will regain her normal poise. I guess it shows that anyone can lose their cool in stressful situations. Anybody! I also wish Kim the best in her final, she too is a class act.

0 comments:

Post a Comment