Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Love my music!

Last week, over the course of four days, I was able to work at three musical concerts. What an eclectic mix of sounds these three groups produced, some well-known, and some not very much at all. But all enjoyable, whatever the category, their music fit into. I remember from the time I was a small boy loving, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Beach Boys and The Beatles (yes this dates me badly) and constantly listening to their sounds. I love music, because it helps my mind escape from normal mundane living and takes it to a higher plane.

The Doobie Brothers, another old favourite, say it best in their hit The Doctor, whose chorus swells:

“Music is the doctor

Makes you feel like you want to

Listen to the doctor

Just like you ought to

Music is the doctor of my soul.”


That enigma from the 70s, Average White Band, a Scottish funk and R&B group, also wrote about their feelings for music when they penned:

“Ah, you're a lady, you're my world

Come on and speak to me

Ah, you gotta help me now

To find the right key

Major to minor

Keep it in step

Let me hear, you got to teach me

Your sweet harmony, oh

Music, sweet music

You're the queen of my soul.”


I am truly thankful for music and happy to work in an industry that allows me to occasionally hear the sounds of my youth and have new musical experiences that make my spirit soar. Thank you Fleetwood Mac, Il Divo and Survivor. Pop-rock, Popular Classical and Hard Rock. What a week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment